- Description: Oil based, high gloss enamels for interior or exterior use on metal, glass, wood, or masonite, intended for sign writing on store fronts, vehicles, and wherever fine lettering work is desired.
- Characteristics:”1 SHOT” Lettering Enamels have outstanding hiding, durability, and fade resistance. Superior flow characteristics assure the virtual absence of brush marks and provide a clean, sharp edge.
- Limitations: Drying time is best when temperature is above 65°F. Between 50°F and 65°F, drying time is much slower. Paint will not completely dry below 50°F.
- Surface Preparation: Apply over clean, dry surfaces which are free from wax, grease, dust, chalk, etc. Use “1 SHOT” Metal Primer or “1 SHOT” Acrylic Bonding Primer as primers on metal, wood or masonite. Glass does not require priming. Non-enamel receptive vinyl or synthetic surfaces should be primed with “1 SHOT” 5004 Vinyl Primer.
- Application Method: Quill, Brush, Roller, or Spray.
- Thinner: Thin up to 10% with “1 SHOT” Reducer, Low Temp Reducer (for spray application) or High Temp Reducer. Do not use Lacquer Thinner or Xylene to reduce Lettering Enamels as the solvents are so strong they will interfere with the properties of the paint.
- Mixing / Intermixing: Stir thoroughly before using. All colors, except 199-L Black, may be intermixed with each other. Note, however, that 102-L Fire Red, 104-L Bright Red, and 108-L Maroon will fade. When mixed with 101-L Lettering White and will also fade to a lesser degree when mixed with other colors. Tinting reds with white will reduce exterior durability. Use “1 SHOT” Tinting Black to achieve shades of gray by mixing with 101-L Lettering White; It can also be used to deepen and darken other colors.
- Drying: Normally to touch in 2-5 hours, to handle in 8-12 hours, and recoat in 12-16 hours.
- Cleanup: Clean equipment with “1 SHOT” Brush Conditioner and Cleaner.
Safety: This product contains lead and is for professional, commercial, and industrial use only. It is not to be used in or around the household. See Warning and Caution statements on label. For health and safety considerations, consult the current “Material Safety Data Sheet” for this product.
Vancouver, BC Office
5142 Still Creek Ave., Burnaby, BC
Phone: 604.293.1893 Toll Free: 1.888.722.2207
Calgary, AB Office
Address: Unot 126 4029 8th St. S.E., Calgary, AB
Phone: 403-264-8616 Fax: 403-264-8655
Get In Touch
Sign up for our newsletters and be the first one to know about our new products!